Experienced marketer and communicator with more than 20 years of creative successes rooted in data.
International Rhino Foundation
Communications Director, Remote
- Developed five-year strategic plan for organization and yearly marketing, PR, and communications strategy plans for teams in ten plus countries.
- Implemented communications and marketing campaigns delivering an increase in online activity, revenue growth, member engagement, and media reach.
- Captured new audiences by developing compelling rhino and ranger story series.
Chief Marketing officer, Pittsburgh
- Contracted to build marketing and PR strategies for a portfolio of software companies in the education, health care and b2b sectors.
- Directed investor relations.
- Captured new audiences with compelling content and customer success stories.
Mon Valley Alliance
Chief Executive Officer, Pittsburgh
- Merged two economic development agencies.
- Opened new revenue sources and increased membership for combined organization.
- Built government relationships and influence.
The Pittsburgh Foundation
Director of Communications and Digital Initiatives, Pittsburgh
- Launched viral online giving program that became a national model and trained more than 100 nonprofit staff in digital outreach.
- Managed media relations and acted as spokesperson for 13th largest community foundation in the U.S.
Universalwit Digital Advertising
- Created digital advertising, designed social media strategies, and managed accounts for retail, SaaS, and B2B clients.
- Developed RueVolution community engagement story series and 1129 Ridge alternative reality game.
- Developed Zombie Readiness Society which included community attractions and engagement.
Volunteer and Consulting
Environmental Defense Fund
Communications, creative writing, and media relations in Appalachian region for environmental initiatives.
Bridge Builders Community Foundation
Utilizing human-centered design principles, developed an innovative Career Kickstarter program for youth in Venango County. Also performed community needs assessments working with a wide variety of nonprofits.
Market research and consulting on nonprofit tech and CRM systems.
Go to market strategy for introduction of social networking platform in United States.
Racing for Rhinos
Co-founder of youth and adult racing fundraisers with NASCAR drivers and teams as well as K1 Speed.
New York University
BSc. in Journalism and Mass Communications with minors in Economics and Marketing/Advertising.
MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress, Google Analytics, Cision, MailChimp, Trello, SharePoint and other software, web, and app services.